Journal of
Clinical Medicine and Research

  • Abbreviation: J. Clin. Med. Res.
  • Language: English
  • ISSN: 2141-2235
  • DOI: 10.5897/JCMR
  • Start Year: 2009
  • Published Articles: 104

JCMR Articles

Antimicrobial susceptibility of some quinolone antibiotics against some urinary tract pathogens in a tertiary hospital, Yola, Adamawa State, Nigeria

November 2009

Antibiotic resistance is an increasing threat to life and morbidity and mortality. UTIs are greater when caused by drug-resistant microorganisms. A total of 250 urine samples were collected and out of these, some 143 different strains of bacteria which were isolated, showed positive bacterial growth. Among the different uropathogens, 53 (37.1%) were obtained from male subjects, while the remaining 90 (62.9%) were from...

Author(s): A. M. El-Mahmood, A. T. Atimi, A. B. Tirmidhi and A. Mohammed

Antimicrobial susceptibility pattern of pathogenic bacteria causing urinary tract infections at the Specialist Hospital, Yola, Adamawa state, Nigeria

October 2009

The prevalence of bacteria causing UTIs as well as their susceptibility to commonly used antibiotics have been investigated from January, 2007 - June, 2009 at the Specialist Hospital, Yola. The prevalence of UTIs in the referral hospital was 67.2%. The incidence was higher in females with a prevalence rate of 54.3%, while in males the recorded value was 45.7%. Gram-negative isolates had a prevalence of 74.7%, while...

Author(s): El-Mahmood Muhammad Abubakar

A pilot algorithm for grading gallbladder diseases

October 2009

The aim of this study is to grade the severity of gallbladder diseases using the Gallbladder Emptying Rate (GBER), which could indicate a rational treatment algorithm. The study design composed of five patients with gallbladder diseases, whose parameters were compared with a previous study of fifty healthy volunteers. Cholecystodynamic parameter (GBER) was derived by ultrasound assessment of gallbladder volumes during...

Author(s): A. C. Ugwu, and O. F. Erondu

The burden of motorcycle-related neurotrauma in South-East Nigeria

October 2009

Neurotrauma or cranio-spinal trauma is the most common pathology in multiple injuries, causing significant morbidity and mortality. Majority of cases result from road traffic accidents. In one of Nigeria’s centres for neurosurgery, we evaluated our local etiological patterns to ascertain the impact of motorcycles, the most commonly used mode of intra-city transportation, on neurotrauma. This is a retrospective...

Author(s): Emejulu C. Jude-Kennedy, Ekweogwu C. Ofodile and Nottidge Timothy

Page 3 of 3, showing 4 records out of 104 total, starting on record 101, ending on 104